Monday, September 28, 2009

#33 word prompt and a new sewing machine



This week's prompt word is Spiral. ooooooooooh the possibilities........my response? A seahorse, after all he ends in a spiral. Want to know more about the CPP click Clara the Cow on my sidebar.
On Friday, we made a quick trip to Joseph Schneider Haus in Kitchener On, to pick up my Viewers Choice award.......the Janome Memory Craft 6600 Professional sewing machine.
As you can see this is a large machine with wonderfully long neck so that lots of quilt can be manipulated in that space. I spent a little time getting familiar with it this weekend. This machine has some terrific features. There is push button bobbin winding with a separate motor, an extra large extension table, a bright clear display screen to guide you through each stitch set up, there are lots of ways to make adjustments for whatever you are sewing, one touch thread cutting, lots of light and the built on thread stand is perfect ( I normally use a separate thread stand with other machines because the thread never seems to come off quite right)
I played a bit and tried several stitches, used the 1/4" foot ( I really like it) and did a little free motion quilting. The speed adjustment allows for great control. Here is the back of the piece I was working on, the stitches look pretty good don't they?




I am impressed and extremely pleased to own this machine.

Look at how high you can lift that presser foot!

10 comments:

Pat said...

Good luck with your new sewing machine! I'm sure you are very excited about it.

Helen said...

What a nice machine!!! Congratulations on getting it and have tons of fun with it.

Hugs

Zlaty said...

It is a great machine! I really liked it! Keep us posted how it's doing!

Happy sewing and have many quilts done on it!

Zlaty

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a great new "Toy"! I can see your creative juices are already flowing and look forward to see what you make next with your new machine.

Diane J. Evans said...

What a great stitch this machine has! And your free-motioning is wonderful! How exciting it must have been to pick up this prize and know that so many viewers loved the piece you created -- very rewarding and well-deserved!

Diane

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

Wow! fabulous sea horse, I think my favorite so far. And your machine is beautiful too. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Congrats again!!

Debra Dixon said...

You could probably sew on that machine forever and still be discovering what it can do. It's just a super machine!

Quilter Kathy said...

How exciting to get a new machine...looks like a lot of fun! And your circular feathers are so beautiful!

Jaye said...

I am so thrilled for you in getting this machine! It is so nice to know that someone that I "know" actually won such a great prize.

I use the stitch lettering a lot on my Janome. I don't know if yours has that, but you might try it.

Willeke de la Chambre said...

What a nice quilt you made!!!!
Gorgeous!!! I voted for you!

greetings from the Netherlands,



www.qwilleke.web-log.nl

Copyright Jill Buckley