Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pinch me, .....I must be dreaming

I am so incredibly excited. Why?........Well because I have found out that one of my postcard entries in this year's edition of the Grand National has been chosen as the Viewer's Choice winner.
To me, this is such a great honour, and in addition, I will receive a Janome Memory Craft 6600p from GN's generous sponsor Janome Canada. I can hardly believe it. You can read my earlier posts about the cards I entered and the opening reception here.

In recent years The Grand National has put together an on-line catalogue of all of the entries to that year's show, I hope they are able to do this again because there were some absolutely fabulous cards on display. Not only were these cards quilted but many were also painted, needled felted, embroidered, collaged, had found items on them, if you could think it up it was done and on display.

So I have to say Thank you, Thank you, a million times Thank you to the organizing committee, Janome Canada, Joseph Shcneider Haus Museum, to everyone who took in the show and to those who chose my postcard as their favourite.
I am thrilled, shocked, humbled and did I mention Excited!

21 comments:

Diane J. Evans said...

My heart is pounding right along with yours, Jill -- break open the champagne! And you deserve this honor -- that postcard is sheer beauty and wonderful art. May this be one of many such awards to come your way -- you go, girl!

Diane

Clare Wassermann said...

Well done - you deserve this after all your prolific hard work!

Zlaty said...

Congrats, I am so excited for you!

The machine is awesome! I am sure you will use it a lot and love it!

Congratulations again!

Zlaty

Sharon said...

A well-deserved award, Jill! How awesome! Your postcards truly are wonderful mini works of art. I think you'll really enjoy that new machine. How exciting!

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

-so excited for you. Congrats! All of your work is so beautiful. Can't wait to see what you come up with the new machine!!

Helen said...

Congratulations, congratulations!!! I'm excited for you!

Enjoy the fun of winning and all the benefits that come along with it!!

Hugs

comicbooklady said...

excellent work! I knew you would win! awesome!!

Quilts and Cats said...

Well done!! It's so exciting to be recognized for your work. Of course, the new Janome is great too!

Kim said...

Holy Cow!! Congratulations! Such exciting news. Enjoy that new machine and the honor of having your art highlighted in this way. Cool.

Debbie said...

Congratualtions Jill! That is so exciting. I am so happy for you!

KatyK said...

your postcards are awesome - such beautiful detail. Congratulations - well deserved.

Thanks for sharing your art.
katy

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congratulations! You deserve it.

Mary-Kay said...

Congratulations!!!! You must be very excited to receive such an honour. I look forward to seeing new things created with your winning machine.

Uniquely Yours Creations said...

How Exciting! Congratulations!
Good job - enjoy your new
machine!

sewnut said...

That is wonderful. Your interpretation of detail in fibre art is always so amazing. Congratulations

Dorothy Vaughan said...

Congratulations - beautiful work!

Debra Dixon said...

Way to Go!

You are going to love your Janome too--what a fabulous prize!

and your journal is really terrific too! as is everything you do.

Anonymous said...

I dropped in for another visit after you left a comment for the Christmas quilt.....OMG!!! You won a machine?!!! The quilt would pale in comparison. Good Job!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations! That is great news! And a new sewing machine...how wonderful!! Appreciation and gifts!

nancy said...

Wow, Jill! Congratulations. The detail in your postcard is amazing - no wonder you won.

Jaye said...

Fantastic! I am so thrilled for you!

Copyright Jill Buckley